Friday, March 21, 2014

2014 TK 1 Nite - A Student's Message Dedicated to TK PSG

Muhammad Rais Raiyan (Sec 4D), President of the TK Student Council 2013 gave a heartwarming speech regarding his view on TK PSG at 2014 TK 1 Nite:

Before we begin, let me share with you some of my experiences that I had with the lovely parents of TK PSG.  

Racial Harmony Day, 2012. I was a participant for the TK Amazing Race and was joined by a fellow parent from the TK PSG, Mdm Hidayati.  At first, we were reluctant to start a conversation with her. But after a while, we slowly broke the ice and discovered more about PSG’s involvement in TK. We learnt that on that same day too, other fellow parents from TK PSG had set up beautiful booths, to share with students’ knowledge and skills, from the different ethnic cultures and traditions.

Through the conversations we had, at the end of the day I concluded that, “TK PSG is made up of warm hearted and dedicated parents." And then a year later, I had a similar experience.

For students taking Higher Mother Tongue language, we sit for our “O” level Mother Tongue papers at Sec 3. After the first paper, as I made my way to the canteen, a TK PSG parent approached me and offered me 2 buns of bread and a cup of soya bean milk. I was grateful. Amidst the stress of the examination, it was comforting to know that we are cared for. The kind gesture really made my day and helped my friends and I feel even more pumped up for the next paper.

Later on, I learnt from my Sec 4 seniors then, that every year, TK PSG has also been supporting the Sec 4 Evening Study programme, by providing dinner for Sec 4 students studying in school. All this was possible from the fund-raising projects PSG carry out.
After that day, I made an amendment to my previous statement. “TK PSG is made up of warm hearted and dedicated parents who help make TK feel like home.  On behalf of all TKsians, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You Parents for making TK feel like home."

No comments :